Viewing old version cd5c3bd78d297f2a69e024e56084c89604e27b38; View Current
This is my own “re-telling” of the tour of Scala from the official Scala website. If you are WhyAnotherTour, feel free, but mostly it was fun and informative. I hope you feel the same way.
You should be able to go through these in the order listed, with each building on previous topics. I’ve also linked to the original tour topics.
- ScalaBasics – this covers some syntactic things that might surprise you, as well as some very basic things about working with Scala (not in the tour)
- ScalaProperties – not in the official tour
- FunctionCurrying – define a function that has received some of its parameters now, and will get the remainder later.
- CaseClasses – taking switch statements to a useful level.
- SealedClasses – tightening up CaseClasses.
- ForComprehensions – don’t let the name confuse you; this is about Scala’s powerful
- InnerClasses – you only thought they were basic.
- TypeDependentClosures – Closures in general discussed here, too.
There’s a few things that aren’t really covered by the tour (other than some basics, that are, at first glance, key to understanding what Scala can do for you.
Last Updated 08/20/2009 at 08:19:45 AM by davecblog comments powered by Disqus
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.